Representative Hugh Crawford, Chair of the Regulatory Reform Committee in the House, has announced the hearing on SB878 will be held on Wednesday, May 14th at 8:30a.m. This is a change from a previous email we sent last week. It is CRITICAL that every charity send a representative to attend this hearing. The House Office Building is located on the southeast corner of Capitol Ave. and Ottawa Ave. in downtown Lansing. There is parking at the corner of Ottawa and Grand Ave. or at the structure at the corner of Capitol Ave. and Shiawassee Ave., north of the House Office Building.
We also learned that the Chair may not allow the charities to actually testify. Although we are very disappointed with this decision, you still can turn in written testimony which will absolutely be considered by each member on the committee. In light of this, every charity should submit written testimony. Please click here
to print a comment card. You can write your testimony on this paper. Return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
or bring it with you that day if you are coming. We need everyone at this hearing.
WE NEED TO CONVINCE REP. HUGH CRAWFORD TO HOLD A COMMITTEE VOTE ON THE 14TH. PLEASE CALL HIM WITH THIS SPECIFIC REQUEST: “IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT WE MOVE THIS BILL AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE HOLD A VOTE OF THE COMMITTEE ON MAY 14TH.”
REGULATORY REFORM COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Hugh D. Crawford (R) Committee Chair, 38th District, 517-373-0827
- Lyon Twp., Northville, Novi, Novi Twp., South Lyon, and Walled Lake
- Ed McBroom (R) Majority Vice-Chair, 108th District, 517-373-0156
- Delta County, Dickinson County, and Menominee County
- Cindy Denby (R) 47th District, 517-373-8835
- Conway Twp., Cohoctah Twp., Deerfield Twp., Hartland Twp., Howell Twp., Handy Twp., Iosco Twp., Unadilla Twp., Oceola Twp., Marion Twp., Tyrone Twp., Howell, and Fenton.
- Tom McMillin (R) 45th District, 517-373-1773
- Rochester, Rochester Hills, and Oakland Twp.
- Andrea LaFontaine (R) 32nd District, 517-373-8931
- New Baltimore, Memphis, Richmond, Chesterfield Twp., Casco Twp., Columbus Twp., Ira Twp., Kenockee Twp., Kimball Twp., Riley Twp., and Wales Twp.
- Bruce Rendon (R) 103rd District, 517-373-3817
- Missaukee County, Crawford County, Kalkaska County, Roscommon County, and Ogemaw County.
- Ken Yonker (R) 72nd District, 517-373-0840
- Dorr Twp., Leighton Twp., Wayland, Wayland Twp., Gaines Twp., and Kentwood.
- Tim Kelly (R) 94th District, 517-373-0837
- Frankenmuth, Blumfield Twp., Frankenmuth Twp., Albee Twp., Taymouth Twp., Birch Run Twp., St. Charles Twp., Swan Creek Twp., Thomas Twp., Saginaw Twp., and Tittabawasee Twp.
- Klint Kesto (R) 39th District, 517-373-1799
- Wixom, Commerce Twp., West Bloomfield Twp., and Wolverine Lake.
- Harold Haugh (D) Minority Vice-Chair, 22nd District, 517-373-0854
- Theresa Abed (D) 71st District, 517-373-0853
- Bellevue Twp., Benton Twp., Carmel Twp., Charlotte, Chester Twp., Delta Twp., Eaton Twp., Eaton Rapids Twp., Grand Ledge, Kalamo Twp., Lansing, Olivet, Oneida Twp., Potterville, Roxand Twp., Sunfield Twp., Vermontville Twp., Walton Twp., and Windsor Twp.
- Woodrow Stanley (D) 34th District, 517-373-8808
- Scott Dianda (D) 110th District, 517-373-0850
- Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Iron County, Keweenaw County, Ontonagon County, Ishpeming Twp., and Powell Twp.
- David Nathan (D) 8th District, 517-373-3815
- Andy Schor (D) 68th District, 517-373-0826
A comparison of some key issues related to SB878 and the rules that will go into effect can be found by clicking here.